"Bora da, rwyn gobethio bod mae
I gyd mewn iechyd da"

Sunday, February 13, 2005

Parachute

I'm always interested in news about parachute jumpers, because when I was the secretary of our local MS Branch (Delyn & District) I did a couple of jumps myself!

I would always happily organise our 'flag day' and 'house-to-house' collections, but there was no way would I just sit somewhere taking collections - I like to be active!

I was determined to do something to raise money for our MS Branch as there is always someone more ill than oneself.

One night on Channel 4 TV I heard a lady suggesting money-raising ideas. She suggested several physical activities (like swimming and running), none of which I was able to do. I felt very frustrated! But then she mentioned parachute jumps as being excellent money-raisers!

So I made some enquires... I did two sponsored parachute jumps, one near Witchurch at 10,000 feet and the second from an airfield not far from Nottingham at 16,000 feet. I didn't particularly enjoy doing them, but they were excellent for raising money!

No comments:

"Nos da rwyn gobeithio bod newch
chi gyd gall nosweth difyr"